Refugee and Asylum Seeker Fund
The Fund for Refugee and Asylum Seeker Young People was set up in 2003 to support projects and activites which encourage the integration of 11-18 year olds within host communities, build capacity within the organisations that represent these young people and to support the development of best practice wherever possible.
The Fund for Refugee and Ayslum Seeker Young People supported projects which:
- Focused on the needs of young people in imaginative and practical ways
- Enabled refugee community organisations to work in effective partnerships with other voluntary sector and statutory organisations on behalf of refugee and asylum seeker young people through the arts, learning and extra curricular activities
- Drew public attention to the need to involve refugee and asylum seeker young people within the mainstream community and to the importance of integration
- Offered new approaches to joined up service delivery for refugee and asylum seeker young people in a particular locality, and for their families wherever possible
- Were time-limited, up to three years
- Showed strong evidence of consultation with, and involvement of, the young people themselves
The Fund for Refugee and Asylum Seeker Young People has now closed - we are no longer accepting applications.